Sunday 5 January 2014

NEW YEAR RIDE TO PUDUCHERRY FOR CELEBRATIONS - Part 1

I wish you all a very Happy New Year.....

Well, it's been some time since I travelled & posted after I met with a road accident on September 14, 2013 while I was heading towards Belum caves, Kurnool District in State of Andhra Pradesh http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belum_Caves. A speeding truck over 100+ Km/H smeared my Honda CBR 250. I was rolling all over the highway. Then I peeked into the doors of hell and the wheels of the truck were rolling only 5cms from my eyes & body. 
I felt like I was in hell and back. By god’s grace none of my body parts are crushed or severely injured except some minor laceration & bruises.

That was one awkward & embarrassing moment, when truck didn’t stop to look at me & people ignored to lift the person who was tediously dragged on highway. Instead, they start taking pictures to update on FB. Oh!!! Even they shared with me before I left that place. At last one guy come to see me after I lifted & parked my bike.






Bike was completely broken after being severely hit by the truck & I somehow carried it to the Kurnool service station. They were astonished to see the condition of the bike & informed me that they have never repaired a bike in such condition. There were no spares available in their station. The only option was to carry the bike either to Hyderabad or to Bangalore. The mechanic helped me in dismantling the parts & found that the bike would still start & it would run as normal.

I started looking for a Hospital; I felt some internal pains in my jaws, shoulders & ligament joints. I stepped into a clinic, the doctor diagnosed and informed me that that I was lucky to escape with no major injuries. I got a pain killer injection & some tablets.

I had my brunch at Kurnool & started thinking next step, At last I decided to ride till Bangalore as my bike engine & brakes were working. 



I was a celebrity on bike for the whole day, as everyone was staring at me or pointed me & murmur. I managed to reach Bangalore at 11:00PM in deluge monsoon rain. 



After this incident I didn’t get any chance to ride as my parents were forcing to stop doing crazy stuffs and my bike definitely was not in a condition for another trip. 

I am back here with new experiences about another road trip from Hyderabad to Puducherry as a part of 2014 New Year Celebration.

It starts with an IM on FB from a good friend Dharam  at the end of November 2013, a casual enquiry for my New Year celebration plans. As I didn’t have any, I agreed to join him on a Road Trip from Hyderabad to Puducherry in a Honda Brio. He needed one more driver and I knew how to drive.

Later, I forgot this road trip until I was reminded by him on another chat sometime in December. He confirmed he has already reserved the hotels & asked for the route plan.  

I prepared the route plan with the help of fellow traveller Imran Jeddi as he drove in this route more often.  We were four people Dharam, Ranjana, Ashraf & I. It was for 4 days trip from 29-12-13 till 01-01-2014.

I prepared my bag pack the night before and slept at 1:00 AM.

Posting the Puducherry trip details soon....... 

2 comments:

  1. See?? this is what happens when u ride alone.
    If u were in a pack,then the other members would have stopped the truck driver and give him a nice beating!!
    Any ways,glad that u are safe :)
    All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anirudh.... Thnx for your concern. I will tel you next time when I plan for trip :P

    ReplyDelete